Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-ce0008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What's going with the Driver's page?  Why is there no driver install page for this laptop? When will the page be up?!? I need it urgently to reinstall sound. My laptop isn't detecting audio playback on my newly installed SSD. I've tried everything! Device manager, windows updates, and HP updates! There is no audio playback detected in my system. Nothing. My warranty has expired and I don't think it is at all ethical to charge customers to access customer service just to access driver's downloads. There is absolutely no way of calling anybody. My SN is [Personal Information Removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a 128 GB M.2 SSD and a 1 TB 2.5" hard drive.

HP ENVY - 17-ce0008ca Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I assume you replaced the 128 GB M.2  SSD with one having a larger capacity... 250 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB, correct?

With the new SSD in place, and the 2.5" drive disconnected, boot from the USB recovery drive created by the cloud recovery tool and it will automatically format the SSD and install W10.

Then you can hook up the 2.5" drive again once you have determined everything is working properly on the SSD.

I don't know how intuitive the cloud recovery tool is, which is why I recommend disconnecting the 2.5" drive because it may install W10 on the 2.5" drive and not your notebook's M.2 SSD.

You can try it with the 2.5" drive connected and if it doesn't ask you what drive you want to install Windows on, shut down the PC and disconnect the 2.5" drive.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

If anyone could help in this matter, I greatly appreciate it. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

It appears that HP is having issues with a few model series support pages, not just that one.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the drivers from the 17-ce1000 model series, but don't use the BIOS or firmware files because they may be different than what your model uses.

HP ENVY 17-ce1000 Laptop PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

This is terrrific!! You're a life saver. I'll try this one out. Thanks Paul 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hmm. The system says the following: The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.19042)

Is this now due to windows? Or the laptop?

HP Recommended

That is due to the newer version of W10 and the driver file does not think that version of W10 is compatible.

It happens to a lot of notebooks for some reason.

Here is what I would do if I were you...

See if your notebook is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to make a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook onto your new SSD.

If you can make the bootable recovery drive with that utility, temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive so that the tool does not install W10 on the 2.5" drive instead of the SSD.

If it works, you should be all set.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I have a few questions before I begin this process. During step 4, 'Recover the system,' in between turning off the computer and inserting the USB drive, that is when I swap out the old SSD with the new SSD correct? Everything on my new SSD will be automatically wiped right? Or should I wipe it separately? 

Thanks for the help thus far. I think I'm starting to understand now. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a 128 GB M.2 SSD and a 1 TB 2.5" hard drive.

HP ENVY - 17-ce0008ca Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I assume you replaced the 128 GB M.2  SSD with one having a larger capacity... 250 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB, correct?

With the new SSD in place, and the 2.5" drive disconnected, boot from the USB recovery drive created by the cloud recovery tool and it will automatically format the SSD and install W10.

Then you can hook up the 2.5" drive again once you have determined everything is working properly on the SSD.

I don't know how intuitive the cloud recovery tool is, which is why I recommend disconnecting the 2.5" drive because it may install W10 on the 2.5" drive and not your notebook's M.2 SSD.

You can try it with the 2.5" drive connected and if it doesn't ask you what drive you want to install Windows on, shut down the PC and disconnect the 2.5" drive.

HP Recommended

This worked wonderfully. Thank you! I can't believe it was so easy. Took time but I feel I had avoided so much trouble with cloning. Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.