Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to find driver for Intel high definition audio driver after Windows 10 1903 update applied.  I believe there is suppose to be a NVIDA audio installed under sound devices as well but that is no longer there. I had to reinstall the Realtek HD audio(SST).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I installed Intel Driver Version: 22.20.16.4836(SP84231) and the NVIDA SP81606 driver packages. I restarted the laptop and no longer find any unknown devices in device manager.  All devices now appear to be working correctly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@Johnboy19

Welcome to HP Community

I also suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!  I already have that version of the HP support assistant running on my laptop but when I check for updates, none are found.  I  opened device manager and set the view to "devices by connection".  The photo shows the item which is missing a device driver. 

Device manager.jpg

HP Recommended

@Johnboy19

- Open Device Manager, right-click the Intel High Definition Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your Notebook and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just uninstalled the Intel High Definition Audio driver and restarted my Spectre.  No driver was installed and the Intel High Definition Audio now shows up under "? Other devices".

HP Recommended

@Johnboy19

Let's try these steps: -

- Expand “Sound, Video and Game controllers” or under “other devices” in Device manager. 

- Right-click on the audio drivers listed there and uninstall the Intel high definition audio and Realtek audio drivers listed there. 

- Delete the drivers if prompted during the uninstall process.  

- Once done, click on View and select Devices by connection on the Device manager.  

- Expand ACPI x64 based PC. 

- Expand PCI Express Root complex and right-click on Intel Smart Sound technology Audio controller and uninstall the device.  

- Make sure to delete the driver if prompted during the uninstall process.  

- Once done, click on Action and Scan for hardware changes twice in the device manager.  

- Close device manager.  

- Open Settings from the Windows menu. 

- Click on Update and Security and check for updates to get the new audio driver for your computer.  

You can also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04973149

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the steps you subscribed above.  I didn't restart between deleting drivers so when I tried to run Windows updated, nothing would install due to previous restarts being queued up.  I restarted the laptop and ran the Windows update.

Windows update.jpg

I do have audio but I am still missing a driver for the Intel High Definition Audio.

Device manager.jpg

HP Recommended

I also noticed this comment in the device status.

20190607_084933.jpg

HP Recommended

@Johnboy19

Try reinstalling the Audio driver from the Recovery Manager. Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04762483

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, but that option is not available after Windows has been updated.  "Disabled : HP recovery manager no longer supports this feature after Windows upgraded".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.