Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I installed Intel Driver Version: 22.20.16.4836(SP84231) and the NVIDA SP81606 driver packages. I restarted the laptop and no longer find any unknown devices in device manager.  All devices now appear to be working correctly.

HP Recommended

@Johnboy19

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

May i know where can we download the drivers, as in from reliable sources?

Johnboy19
"I installed Intel Driver Version: 22.20.16.4836(SP84231) and the NVIDA SP81606 driver packages. I restarted the laptop and no longer find any unknown devices in device manager.  All devices now appear to be working correctly."

HP Recommended

@ELC88, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model HP PC are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Kindly visit the HP Support site to download drivers for your PC. 

Alternatively, You may also use HP Support Assistant application on your PC to download any latest updates.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar! Tried with a few of the drivers and one of it works 🙂

Btw,H about the buzzy sharp scratchy sound when I am speaking during calls eg Google hangouts or Skype. Is that a hardware problem or if there is any other ways to resolve that?

Tried factory reset, and reinstallation of the drivers in the past and couldn't get it resolve (since day 1 when I receive my hp HP envy )

HP Recommended

@ELC88

Glad you found the driver required. Let us try these steps to resolve the issues with the microphone:

Try connecting an external microphone and check if the issue persists.

Use the Troubleshooting tool

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Click Troubleshooting.

3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.

4. Troubleshoot audio recording

5. The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.

Select device to troubleshoot

6. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.

8. If the problem persists, continue to the next step.

Let us run a test on the audio components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform Component Test > Audio. Share the result.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Test logs indicate "passed"
Is there a possible way to test for microphone instead? because this only occurs when i am in skype calls/ google hangouts. No issue with normal audio/ watching videos.

HP Recommended

@ELC88

There is no separate test just for a microphone on the PC.

Did you try connecting an external microphone such as an earphone with mic and check if the issue persists?

Also, run the troubleshooter on the PC to diagnose the issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"Did you try connecting an external microphone such as an earphone with mic and check if the issue persists?"

"Also, run the troubleshooter on the PC to diagnose the issue."

The issue persisted with external earphone.
with 3.5 mm audio jack, the same persisted.

Found a workaround by using an extermal USB earphone and switching off the laptop's microphone.
Does this mean this is a possible hardware issue? 

HP Recommended

@ELC88

Thank you for the information. If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.