Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f0000 (39R25AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello All,

After installing the Windows 11 22H2 update yesterday I now am seeing regular blue screens on HP Spectre x360 after I login. The system only remains up for around 5-10 mins before crashing. It seems the issue is related to this "Compatibility issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers and Windows 11"

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-22h2?irgwc=1&OCID=AID2200...

I checked the version of my Intel® Smart Sound Technology BUS and it is version 10.29.0.7767 so newer than the one reported.

I ended up uninstalling the 22H2 update and the system is stable again.

Hopefully this issue can be reported to HP to get a fix and warn others of potential problems upgrading. I don't have the patience to report it via WhatsApp and wait days for a reply.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi I am having the same issue. How exactly did you uninstall the 22h2 update? Did you use the command prompt? If so can you provide exactly what you typed? 

I have tried startup repair —> and it tells me it couldn’t repair my pc

I tried clicking uninstall updates —> uninstall latest quality update ( that does nothing)

—> uninstall latest feature update —> I get a message that it ran into a problem and won’t be able to uninstall latest feature update of windows. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have this problem too.

This is what I did to go remove 22H2:

• Press the Win+I keys to open the Settings.
  • Open System>Recovery options.
  • Next, click “Go back to the previous version of Windows.”
  • Windows would ask you questions about what you did not like or had issues with.
  • Next, wait for the process to complete.

You've only got a few days within which this option is available 😞

PS. I contacted HP Support about the problem, but they didn't understand how to help as I had rectified the problem myself. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.