Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have compaq presario v5000 laptop that i upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 (32 bit)
I need audio driver  laptop

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are several model numbers in the v5000 series of notebooks.

Here is the link to the Windows Vista 32 bit driver. Windows Vista drivers normally work on Windows 7 of there are no Windows 7 drivers available.  There are two drivers so you may have to try them both.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4998...

Paul

HP Recommended

My son and I have the L2000 laptop that came with 32 bit XP and used the Conexant chipset for Audio. I had been using an SB Audigy PCMCIA card so I am not sure when Audio was really lost; however, he noticed it when I upgraded his PC. I scoured various forums looking for 64 bit  Windows 7 drivers for Conexant audio but to no avail. Microsoft and Conexant both said that HP should supply the drivers. By the way HP, the Conexant website says that they do not supply drivers even though they make the chipsets "at the request of the OEM's." Another post said that HP was not going to supply these drivers for Windows 7. The solution from HP for my model and Windows 7 was the "HP Software Advisor" which was 67MB and totaly useless. It appears that this is a very common problem. Anyway, here is what you do:

First you need 2 files which ironically enough come from HP, they are SP35558.exe and SP35558.cva They contain the Conexant drivers for Vista x64. (I subsequently have found the 32 bit drivers and the procedure should be very similar except the files are SP34789.exe and SP34789.cva). Type the following into your browser address bar ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35501-36000 About half way down you will find these files. Just right click each one and save to your desktop.(The 32 bit files are in a different subdirectory at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp??????-??????)

Double click SP35558.cva and tell Windows to use Notepad to open it. Scroll about half way down to "[Operating Systems]" and after "WV64UL=OEM" insert:
W764HB=OEM
W764HP=OEM
W764PR=OEM
W764UL=OEM

( For 32 bit systems use W732HB=OEM, etc.)

I next went up about 10 lines to "[System information]" and added

SysId3=0x3091
SysName3=HP Pavilion ze2000 series
SysId4=0x3096
SysName4=Compaq presario M2000 series
SysId5=0x3097
SysName5=Compaq Presario M2000 series
SysId6=0x3097
SysName6=HP Special Edition L2000 series
SysId7=0x3093
SysName7=Compaq Presario M2000 series
SysId8=0x3093
SysName8=HP Special Edition L2000 series

I got this information from another cva file on my PC at C:/swsetup/   (This is thedefault  directory for HP updates.)

After modding the cva file, I saved it to C;/swsetup/sp35558/

I then executed the SP35558.exe file and voila I had sound, nice crisp clear sound.

The use of the cva file is to streamline the driver install and it is kind of cool if it works. If you cannot find it or you are not successful the first time or you do not want to bother with modding anything, do not worry, the manual install will work for sure.

Run sp35558.exe to extract everything and let it strike out. Then go to Device Manager and update the driver manually as follows:

Under Device Manager, right click "Multimedia Audio Device" under "Other" and choose "Update Driver" Then "Browse your PC" and "Choose from a list". Select "Sound, audio and game controllers", then "Conexant", then "Have Disk". Browse to C:/swsetup/sp35558/ and open "cp6308Ba.inf" (64bit remember). Now choose "OK" and ignore any warnings about incompatibility, WHQL, etc. Give it plenty of time, you might think you are in a loop, but you are not. Congratulations, you are done.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

how about compaq presario v3615AU?? 32 bit OS win 7?

i didn't found proper driver becuase everytime i install, there will be pop-up error 'no media device found'

please help!!

HP Recommended

Hi;

Looks like you could try the installation procedure listed by the person who posted above yours. You machine also has the Conexant audio chip.

Did you try updating the driver by clicking on the device in the device manager, then clicking on the driver tab and then clicking on the Update Driver button, and selecting the automatic method?  Windows Update may find a driver. It found an audio driver for me once that way. Not a Conexant one but you'll never know unless you try.

I would try my method first because it is easier.

Paul

HP Recommended

I need driver for presario v5000 for OS Windows 7 32 bits

HP Recommended

Hi:

Connect to the internet

Go to the device manager and click on the Multimedia Audio Controller.

Then click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver. Select the automatic search and see if Windows Update downloads an audio driver.

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.