Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360m Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot believe I spent nearly $900 on this laptop to have audio issues that force me to do a hard shut down when the audio driver crashes my laptop. I am BEYOND pissed about this. HP initially told me the issue was solely with Zoom. Well, NOPE. It's not. It happens with Ring Central and now it happens with Adobe Connect. I want a solution and for HP to take this issue seriously instead of pushing it off and laying the blame on something else. Our other computers are using the same driver with NO problems. My daughter is about to buy a new computer and I WILL NOT be recommending HP.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mom2giqm

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with audio on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is this my product # 00325-81849-27998-AAOEM ?

I don't know what I am supposed to delete in Device Manager. There is nothing labeled Windows Audio Service, but that's what the error message says when it crashes. And I certainly don't know how to find the driver at that link you provided since it just takes me to a generic page.

HP Recommended

@mom2giqm

Help me with the product number of your computer and I will share the direct link to download the drivers.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. That link was very helpful. The product number is 3F607UA#ABA.

HP Recommended

@mom2giqm

Thank you for the information. I recommend you download and install the audio driver from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110625.exe

Here is how you need to uninstall the audio driver first.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node audio input and output devices, right-click on each of the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.