Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As quickly as I can put it, I've been having issues with this laptop since day one. My Audio started cutting in/out depending on where I would place my hands while typing.

i took it in to BEST BUY where I purchased it, we replaced the speakers AND the Hard drive.

Fast forward 5 months and now I've had to restart my computer if the speakers stopped working. Now, that little restart trick doesn't work and I had a little red X next to my speakers icon on my taskbar.

I followed some online guides along the lines of rebooting drivers. My Windows Audio had stopped working and my drivers were out of date. I have gotten Windows Audio working but now I have the issue of my "audio servies not responding" if I troubleshoot my audio services.....

I feel like I have the correct drivers in place

- Intel(R) Display Audio

- Realtek High Definition Audio

but I'm not 100% sure. I can upload screengrabs of anything if needed.

I have attempted to update windows or update to an older version to no avail. I feel I'm not qulaified to fix this issue myself and I don't want to send it back in..... Any help would be awesome, this online community has helped me greatly in the past so I do appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cgerms The hardware test results you've posted, confirms a hardware malfunction as the failure ID: QFP0G1-9A1A0U-MFPW2K-21V113 represents the failure ID - 107 (Audio Failure)

And I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

In Addition, my loading screen that normally rotates through photos and gives me their location and all that jazz is no longer working making me thing this is a system failure or windows issue moreso than an HP issue, but so far, as far as problems go this laptop arrangement has given me nothing but issues.

HP Recommended

@cgerms Greetings from the HP Community! Let's work on resolving the audio issue before we move on to the photos,

• Have you attempted to update the BIOS, Video card & Audio drivers to resolve this issue?
    • If not, here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Right-click on the Start button in the taskbar area and then click Device Manager to open the same.

Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers.

Step 3: You should now see your audio driver name. Most likely you have Realtek High Definition Audio, Right-click on it and then click Uninstall device option.

Step 4: You will now get the following confirmation dialog. Select Delete the driver software for this device checkbox and then Yes button when you see the confirmation dialog to go ahead and uninstall the device driver.

Restart your PC once & it should auto-reinstall a working driver.

If the issue with the sound continues, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I updated my BIOS using the link provided.

No change.

Ran the troubleshooter and it restarted my Windows Audio Device as it had not started.

I have done the uninstalling of the drivers previously but also followed this path after running the troubleshooter.

No Change.

Noteworthy, when I restarted the laptop, the drivers under sound, video and game controllers changed to High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio, it no longer listed the RealTek Driver. Not sure if that provides any new information.

I am currently running the HP Guided Troubleshooter. I will comment that I have tried this previously to no avail. I have a feeling I'll be bringing it back into my purchase location.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

QFP0G1-9A1A0U-MFPW2K-21V113

was the error I received when I ran the HP Hardware Diagnostic tool I downloaded from HP.

From what I can find right now this is now the second time that the speakers on my 1 year old laptop have stopped working.

Needless to say this is awful. 2 weeks of troubleshooting only to find out it was a hardware issue that I hoped and prayed was resolved 5 months ago. Brutal.

HP Recommended

In all fairness to this thread it was very helpful. I'm just greatly disappointed, and the frustration is just fresh.

Thank you for your help on this issue.

Regards,

~Cody

HP Recommended

@cgerms The hardware test results you've posted, confirms a hardware malfunction as the failure ID: QFP0G1-9A1A0U-MFPW2K-21V113 represents the failure ID - 107 (Audio Failure)

And I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.