Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

audio driver

Spectre x360 15 Z4Z35UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. I don't have a question but I solved an issue well worth sharing. My laptop was having audio issues with random high pitch noise and other distorted sounds. I originally had to replace the right speaker the first time because I smelled it burning after the distorted noise wouldn't stop. After inspection, the speaker melted. Later I had the same issue with the same speaker (after I replaced it) except I attempted to fix the problem before it started to melt again. After some trial and error, I found that Windows kept updating the realtek driver and the fix was using ONLY HP's driver (be sure to delete the Windows driver before changing back to HP's driver. This also fixed an issue with the sound being too low. Whatever you do, NEVER UPDATE THE REALTEK DRIVER FROM WINDOWS UPDATE!!! If it happens roll it back immediately. This might be something HP shoudl forward to Microsoft as well as their driver causes hardware failure and possibly a house fire. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 381
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

audio driver

@Rizzyrailed

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation