Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the bluetooth wont connect to my speaker and if it does it doesnt stay and even if id does stay no volume comes out of it even if i go to devices it shows up but it says disconnected and i press connect and it doesnt connect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @NathanRiffin

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to get any audio from your Bluetooth speaker, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Request you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here to know more about HPSA.

Once all the drivers are updated, request you refer to this Microsoft article to pair the Bluetooth speaker with your computer.

Once the Bluetooth speaker is paired with your computer. 

Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Playback devices. 

Your Bluetooth speaker will be listed there. 

Right-click on the Bluetooth speaker and select Connect. 

Once it is connected, you should be able to get audio from the Bluetooth speaker. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @NathanRiffin

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to get any audio from your Bluetooth speaker, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Request you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here to know more about HPSA.

Once all the drivers are updated, request you refer to this Microsoft article to pair the Bluetooth speaker with your computer.

Once the Bluetooth speaker is paired with your computer. 

Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Playback devices. 

Your Bluetooth speaker will be listed there. 

Right-click on the Bluetooth speaker and select Connect. 

Once it is connected, you should be able to get audio from the Bluetooth speaker. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks i went to go support and updated all my drivers and it worked problem solved
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.