03-16-2017 06:25 PM - edited 03-16-2017 10:38 PM
I just bought this HP Pavilion x360. Built-in microphone not working. (External headphone microphone is OK, however.)
03-17-2017 01:00 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.
As I Understand the built-in speakers and microphone both aren't working,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern:
Did I get this right? both the components - speaker & Microphone aren't working?
Did you drop any liquid on the computer or have any accidents with it lately, before the issue occurred?
Did you recently upgrade to windows 10? when was the last time it worked? did you try a system restore?
While you reply to that, here's a few things you could attempt:
If reinstalling the driver doesn't work, use the generic audio driver that comes with Windows, try the below steps:
- In Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver
- Update driver software...
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer,
- select High Definition Audio Device,
- select Next, and then follow the rest of the screen instructions to install it.
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee