Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

clicking sound from audio out on my Pavilion dv7-7000

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just wanted to make a note, I had a strange clicking sound coming out the audio out and also through the HDMI cable when the sound was  configured that path way.  I've heard the problem to be described as the hard drive etc, for me it turned out to be as simple as swapping out my HDMI cable for a new one.  The simple diagnostic was to unplug the cable and see if the sound goes away.  It was a low audio, constant, rhythmic clicking of about 4-5 clicks per second that was always in the background.  Hope this helps some people.  I'm a retired (disabled) Senior Tech Support Software Engineer of 30 years who worked on Fortune 500 company UNIX, Oracle, SAP/R3 and Peoplesoft systems as well as server/client Windows and Java client programs, not that that's here nor there.  I was just trying to qualify my diagnostic problem solving procedures.  Enjoy and stay safe in this pandemic!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation