Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
EimearC Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

crackling/static noise from new HP 15-AY097NA

HP 15.6" Laptop | 15-AY097NA

Hi,

i recently bought a hp laptop. whenever i turn it on it makes a satic/crackling noise which gets really annoying. it doesnt seem to be coming from the speakers because when i watch something i cant hear that sound. i was just wondering is this a problem, if so is there anyway to fix it,  or is it just the sound of the laptop working.

thanks

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16982 1119 1812
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

crackling/static noise from new HP 15-AY097NA

Hi @EimearC,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you.

Does this sound correlate with an increase in temperature? Can you feel the temperature increase under the fan? It may be related to fan issue.

Take a look at this document on Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal as it may have some information on sorting this out.

Please keep me posted. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation