Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

displayport to hdmi after installing a new windows

Elitebook 8540w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I just installed my windows 7 (64x) again (after formatting the hard-drive) but now I have a problem with the audio from displayport to hdmi. I can't transfer the voice from laptop to TV anymore. I checked almost everything. Disabled the video and audio cards, set the AMD HDMI output as a default device or even disabled the rest but nothing worked so far. 

My display: AMD mobility radeon HD 5000 
Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

displayport to hdmi after installing a new windows

Hi @sasan79,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I grasp that you have formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows 7, but now you do not have audio on the TV.  Previously it was working fine.

Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant?  Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues that may also help.

Please let me know the results.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  :)  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation