Did you mean: 
Misstyfoot Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

f6/mute led light not on

Hello, so, I just noticed that my laptop's F6/Mute key LED light is not on when I have my latop on mute (Which I almost always do), and I didn't notice it wasn't on until just now. The audio and everything works on the computer, it's just the light isn't on when the comptuer is on mute. It doesn't really bother me, I just want to make sure that it's nothing wrong with it.

I just got my laptop back from repairs from HP last month (it had a battery problem, which needed to be replaced), and the light worked before then, and thinking back, I can't remember if the light was on since getting it back or not. I know they reinstalled the Operating system and ran other tests to make sure nothing else was wrong. The computer works fine since the problem was fixed and I just now noticed the lack of the light, maybe I just didn't think anything of it.

When I press the F6 button, it turns the mute on and off and gives the indication at the bottom of the screen and the mute works too, it's just weird and I guess for my peace of mind, I just want to make sure that it's not going to be a problem where I am going to have to send this thing back in.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,538 2,347 287 854
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

f6/mute led light not on

Hello @Misstyfoot,

This should most likely just be a software issue. Please try the below steps:

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
  3. Right-click and uninstall your computer's existing audio driver
  4. Tick the box for removing the driver
  5. Reboot

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

0 Kudos
Misstyfoot Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

f6/mute led light not on

I know that this was almost a year ago, but the issue fixed itself. I didn't do anything, and one day, it just came back on and works normally.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation