Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , headphones and speakers playing at the same time windows 10

and i just have Speakers 😞

No update, i update to last version

what should I do ?

بدون-عنوان-1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jumanasalim

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP 15 series laptop and the audio plays from both the speakers and the headphones when the headphones are connected. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • When was the last time the audio played only through the headphones? Did any software changes or updates happen on your laptop?

The evidence points towards a settings issue or an issue with the drivers. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Step 1: To make headphone as the default device

a.    Click on Start; Go to Control Panel.

b.    Click on Sound.

c.    Switch to Recording.

d.    Select your microphone/headset as the default device.

e.    Save the changes by clicking on OK.

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install your audio device drivers

a.    Click on Start; in the start search type “devmgmt.msc” without quotes and press Enter.

b.    Expand Sound, Video and Game controllers.

c.    Right click on the audio component and then click uninstall.

Once you’ve uninstalled the driver completely, manually download the audio drivers from this link: www.hp.com/drivers

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

( model no :  15-r069no )

Q / When was the last time the audio played only through the headphones? Did any software changes or updates happen on your laptop?

( In Windows 8 , After the update to Windows 10 no longer works properly )

I did the steps you told me, but the problem wasn't solved :Crying:

الصوت.jpgالتسجيل.jpg

HP Recommended

@jumanasalim

Thank you for replying with the results. I truly appreciate your efforts. 

I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers by following the below steps and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Sound, video and game controllers". Right click on the audio driver in there and select uninstall. 
  • Close the device manager after the audio drivers are uninstalled. 
  • Please download and install the audio drivers from this link.

The laptop needs to be restarted once the audio drivers are successfully installed. 

If the issue persists then attempt the following steps too:

• In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon  on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.

• Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

• Click Next.

• Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.

• Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).

Figure : Detecting problems

The troubleshooter detecting audio problems

• When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.

NOTE: For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.

• Click Close.

Figure : Troubleshooting completed

Troubleshooting completed

• If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I did the steps and see what appeared to me.

also i upload the report file here

p1.jpg

HP Recommended

@jumanasalim

Thank you for replying. You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

I suggest you to perform Windows updates, 

After that, if the issue persists then please attempt a Microsoft Push Button Reset. This will repair your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

Hope this works. Let me know how this pans out. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.