Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp notebook 15-bs180tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

basically this is not a question. i found a solution to this issue . if you are using windows 10 (64 bits) version then go to the realtek hd audio  manager if you have this one installed . then in the right upper corner there will an option device advanced settings . click on it . then under playback  device ,tick the 2nd one which says  (make internal and external output  devices playback two different  audio streams simultaneously) . then under recording devices ,tick the second one which says (separate all input jacks independently) And then click on ok and save the settings . this should solve the above mentioned issue . hope this helps . it worked for me .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sayan3, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have audio issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with different headphones?

Does your PC work with an external mouse?

As you mentioned the audio is playing both from headphones and laptop speakers at the same time. 

Please try few steps recommended below.

Right click on the speaker icon and click on Playback devices. Left click on the device you want to listen to and click 'Set Default'.

1. Go into Control Panel, then Sound.
2. Look for the Recording tab.
3. Select your microphone/headset as the default device, and press OK.

1. Press Win+X (Windows logo key and X key)  at the same time.

2. Select Control Panel in the pop-up menu. 

3. View by “Category” and click on Hardware & Sound.

4. Click on Sound.

5. Select Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.

In some cases, there is no headphone option alone but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s your case, select that and click Set default button at the bottom.

6. Click OK button.

Also, uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and install the latest audio driver and BIOS from links below.

Update the audio driver using this link: https://hp.care/2quWJfd

Update the BIOS using this link: https://hp.care/2pJqBV9

If the issue still persists uninstall the audio driver from device manager and install the drivers using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.