Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 15aq-293ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My name is Himanshu. I am hearing crackling sounds after updating new BIOS in my laptop. I tried every possible troubleshooting and updating the drivers and software. But, It's failed to fix the issue. I found that many of the hp envy customers have the same problem. My laptop is not in warranty period. my laptop has latest windows 10 v 1909. and i found that hp does not have any audio driver for v 1909 for my laptop. this might be the reason of my problem. Need some professional help.   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@himanshuhl

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

When was the last time the audio was working fine?

Meanwhile, I recommend you run the audio troubleshooter and it will automatically find and fix the audio-related issues.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you continue facing the issue, then use the generic audio driver that comes with Windows

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.
  2. Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
  3. Right-click the listing for your sound card or audio device, then select Update driver Browse my computer for driver software Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  4. Select the audio device whose driver you want to update, select Next, and then follow the instructions to install it.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello The_Fossette,

Thank you for welcoming me on HP support community and for your reply.

My issue started when i update new BIOS system and new windows 10 update. I tried the solution you recommended. Unfortunately, the result is same as before. the sound clarity changes every restart. Specifically, I am hearing crackling sound from right speaker. I got no issue found in troubleshooting.

Thank you.

- Himanshu

HP Recommended

@himanshuhl

I recommend you uninstall the latest update and check whether the audio issue is resolved.

1. Click Start , then type "recovery".
  2. Select Recovery options (System Setting).
  3. Under Recovery, select Go back to Windows [X], where [X] is the previous version of Windows.
  4. Select a reason for going back, then click Next.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.