Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (683 Views)

how to repair error 52

My HpPavilion-g6 Notebook says I have no audio output divice installed.  It worked a few minutes ago, now nothing.  The speaker button does not seem to respond and in looking into it, it says "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC error52, driver Stwrt64.sys Version 6.10.6351.0.

Help

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (667 Views)

Re: how to repair error 52

Welcome to the Forum, Rocky,

If you are still having problems with this, here's a place to start...

You probably need to reload that audio driver.  There are several ways to do it.  You may already have the software on your system, you may need an updated driver...

You can go to the top of this page "Support and Drivers" - or  you can post your exact model and OS and we can help you track down your web page and your driver.  If you have Hp Support Assistant loaded (latest version), you can use "Get Assistance" to have it take you to your webpage and download the driver.

Download the driver and try the standard install first: 

Download, double click and install. 

If that doesn't wor, then Try This:

NOTE: Replace the name "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" with your driver name!

Audio Driver “Uninstall”

Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers

Right-Click   IDT High Definition Audio CODEC -> Uninstall

• Shut down the system
  • Reboot
  • The driver reinstalls at login

OR...

Manual Driver Installation:

Control Panel > icons > Device Manager > (Highlight)  IDT High Definition Audio CODEC >

Right-Click > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software

Browse to  C:\SWSetup\sp*

Be sure the “Include Subfolders” box is CHECKED

NEXT...

If all that doesn't bring joy..

here is a link for the same problem that (after the driver install) includes a change to your sound settings.  I personally dislike the Enhancement - Loudness Equalization - but for some situations, it's necessary; and it sometimes does work when other solutions do not.  I have a great deal of repect for DavidPK.  Please read through this Post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/NO-SOUND-Pavilion-dv7-4065dx/td-p/792821

Good Luck!

I hope this helps.

Click The Kudos Star to say Thanks!       

Set in Reply “Accept as Solution” if it’s fixed! 

Kudos are Earned!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation