Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I haven't had audio on my hp laptop for about a month now and I've tried almost everything I can think of to fix it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, disabling and enabling it, i've done a system restore, and I've looked at almost every page i can find where someone's had a similar issue. I tried troubleshooting, and my laptop says everything is working properly. I've tried downloading the hp troubleshooter, and it kept saying there was an error. My speakers don't work, and neither do my headphones. I haven't tried an hdmi cord yet because I'm using an older TV at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't think the problem is fixable.

Your PC is not supported by HP for W10, and the IDT audio is very hard to find working drivers for in W10.

I have two suggestions you can try, and if neither of them work, then a fix very much out of the question, and you should revert to W7 if you want the audio to work again.

See if installing this IDT audio driver works.  Restart the PC after installing.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

If that doesn't work, try this...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select the Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear, but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.