Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We bought a new laptop with windows 7...err:smileyfrustrated: maybe 8 ,  its a pavilion g7-2269wm.  Our problem is that even with the volumes and equalizer adjustments set to max there is very low volume to be heard.  There is a visual on the volume adjustment bars that even shows the very low volumes underlying the high volume settings.  Ive searched a number of routs within the machine to fix it with no success, however i am no computer scientist.  Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

DP-K - thanks for this tip! I've been fighting to hear my too low volume since I bought this. Your tip made it MUCH better!

HP Recommended

@DavidPK wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

DP-K

If I go to "Properties" on my default playback device, which is "Speakers and Headphones", there isn't an "Enhancements" tab only "Levels" and "Advanced" under "Advanced" is a section "Default Format" which allows the user to select a sampling rate and bit depth, mine is set at 16 bit 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) which is the deafult setting. Then there is a secetion titiled "Exclusive Mode" with two check boxes "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device." and " Give exclusive mode applications priority." both are ticked and the second one is dependant on the first one. the last section is titled "Signal Enhancements" the description reads "allows extra signal processing by the audio device" below that is one check box that read "Enable audio enhancements" it is also ticked.

The way the original poster described his problem is the exact same thing I have been experincing. I have a HP Pavilion g7 with the AMD A8 Vision APU and it came out of the box running Windows 8.

All my system sounds are quite loud with the volume turned all the way up it only seems to be things like movies and music, especially if I'm streaming them from a web service like Netflix. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple codecs all with the same issue. It also wasn't always like this, I noticed it about a month ago. I'm not sure what has changed but I haven't made any major modifications to settings or installed anything media based in quite a while. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My tech level is fairly high, touble shooting and tinkering are not foreign things to me.

HP Recommended

my volume has gone horribly wrong since i got my computer less than a month ago. i went from being really happy with it to realizing how tinny and compressed everything had gotten. i used to be an avid fan of the 'enhancements' tab in windows 7 but there is none with idt audio on my g7-2270. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and i don't know what else to do. the dolby audio options i have are confusing as well. 

HP Recommended

Hello andycherry,

If I understand you correctly you state the volume of your laptop is very low, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Is the volume still low when you have headphones inserted?

Also it looks like you missing a couple digits off of the model number you provide, can  you provide the rest of that information. If you unsure where to fully locate that information have a look at this document for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

david thnx pal been doing my head in trying to get volume sorted this is great man  thanks very much

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.