cancel
nicolast64 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp spectre x2 speaker problems

I'm tearing my hair out. I have the HP spectre x2 and when playing videos or music I can barely hear anything. The sound is atrocious. I've done the tests and followed the steps in recovery manager and device manager and the sound is still crappy.

Do I need to buy external speakers just to hear a simple music video on you tube or can I uninstall the conexant smart audio HD and replace it with something better?

I use windows 10 (64 bit) and the audio isue is a real pain.

Please help before I return the whole laptop and buy something else.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20234 20184 1319 2096
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nicolast64,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the audio quality is lower than expected and need a solution as the issue persists on headphones as well.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong and thank you for the details)

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue:

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS).

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP forums: click here

Alternatively, you can go ahead and uninstall the Conexant smart audio HD software and use the Windows built in feature.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
nicolast64 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - thanks for replying.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Conexant HD audio driver several times and the audio quality is still really horrible.

If I uninstall it completely - what is the windows built in audio drivers you refer to?

Would it be possible to just completely replace the horrible Conexant drivers with something better?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20234 20184 1319 2096
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nicolast64,

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate the effort in trying to resolve the issue. I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the same issue.

Windows built in drivers is nothing but generic drivers that comes with Windows.

I did a bit of research and found that you may not be able to replace the Conexant drivers but you can go ahead and update them to improve the performance.

If the issue persists, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be happy to help you with your concern.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation