Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My mic seems to have stopped working on skype and after trying to follow someones advice on a different forum I may now have deleted the mic driver !!

Can anyone help?

54 REPLIES 54
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your dv7 series notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

serial no. {Removed for privacy}

product no. QG732EA#ABU

Windows 7 home premium OA

does this help?

HP Recommended

product key - {Removed for privacy}

X16-96072

HP 584037-001

Windows 7 home prem. 64 bit

HP Recommended

Hi,

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load.  Hold down the Windows key and press R.  In to the Run box type msconfig and hit enter.  In the following window, click the Start up tab, remove the tick next to Skype and then click Apply to make the change.  Reboot the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55094.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook again and let Windows fully load.  Open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - see if this has helped the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Skype wasn't in the start up so i didn't need to remove the tick but otherwise done everything as you said.

the problem is still there though.

Any further advice would be gratefully recieved.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Click the Recording tab and check that the integrated microphone array is set as the default device - if it isn't, left click it once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button.  Click Apply to save any change.

If it is already set as the default device, right click it and select Properties.  Click the Levels tab and check that the sliders are not set too low and that the speaker icon next to 'Microphone Array' is not muted - if it is, click the icon to change this.  Again, click Apply to save any change.

Let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

It is selected as the default and wasn't muted.

I moved the top slider to 100% and the lower to plus 10 (middle) but its still not working.

Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Click the Recording tab, right click the 'Integrated Microphone array' and select Properties.  Click the Microphone Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Disable microphone enhancements'.  Click Apply and Ok to save this change and then restart the notebook - has this made any difference?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Ive noticed my built in web cam isnt working either !! can this be linked?

mic still not working by the way.

any more advice?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.