Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Sleekbook HP Pavilion 15-b123es
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My notebook doesn't detect my lavalier external microphone

My Sleekbook HP Pavilion 15-b123es has a combo jack (headphones / microphone). It only uses IDT high definition audio  controller (it doesn't accept Realtek audio controller)

Its drivers here.

Its manual/user guides here.

On page 10 says this:

1-forum.jpg

2-forum.jpg

It doesn't recognize my lavalier microphone: Shure MVL/A

This one

3-forum.jpg

My question is: Can someone  ensure me that if I buy this adapter then the notebook will recognize the external microphone?

This one

4-forum.jpg

Thank you very much!!

John

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JohnNew 

I know many people try a splitter (or Y adapter, your last image) but the chance is 50/50. They have to use USB microphone or an USB sound card with microphone in.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Banhien

One of these two options will really work 100% my computer, right?

OPTION 1: USB sound card with microphone in

One of quality is too expensive for me now, I have already spent a lot of money with the microphone 

And the only thing I have found is this USB Sound Card:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01N905VOY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0

the problem is that it cancels the sound card of the motherboard of the computer and therefore the audio loses quality and I need to make a professional recording with few resources.

I need a USB adapter that allows my computer to detect the microphone and at the same time allow me to use the sound card of my computer

OPTION 2: USB microphone 

I bought this microphone, Shure MVLA:

It end in TRRS

3-forum.jpg

it ends in TRRS, so I also bought this TRRS to TRS adapter:

forum-adaptador TRRS to TRS.jpg

I understand that the solution would be to buy a TRRS to USB adapter, to "convert" this microphone into a "USB microphone",

Will this work?

https://www.amazon.es/DuKabel-conector-adaptador-auriculares-micr%C3%B3fono/dp/B07RRZYZFV/ref=sr_1_8

but I want to be able to use the sound card of my computer and I see that these adapters are at the same time "sound card" that replace the sound card of my computer and lose quality.

I need your advice please. Thank you!

HP Recommended

UP

please, can anyone tell me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.