Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I am trying to do virtual meeting with doctor can hear them but they cant hear me. Is there a built in mic or must I go buy one with head set it has beats audio
I reviewed your post and I understand that the microphone is not working on the computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
What is the product number of your computer?
What is the operating system you are using?
What software are you using to do virtual meetings? Have you checked the audio settings in the software?
Most of the computer will have an inbuilt microphone. I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
1. Run Audio Troubleshooter
- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.
- Click on "Playing Audio".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Check if microphone isn't disabled.
- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".
- Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".
- Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.
- Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.
3. Check if microphone isn't muted.
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Volume Mixer".
- On the Microphone slider, slide it up to 100%.
4. Boost sensitivity of Microphone
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording".
- Double click on Microphone.
- Open the Levels Tab, move the Microphone boost slider up to check audio.
5. Disable enhancements
- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording“, Double
click on Microphone.
- Open the Enhancements / Effects Tab.
- Check "Disable All Sound / System Effects“. Click Apply, OK, test the Microphone again.
6. Change format of the Microphone
- Go to the Advanced Tab, choose any of the 16 bit options on the list.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
The_Fossette I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community