Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen w200nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

well my mute button is working fine but the light did not turn on, though the mute button still muted. I have no clue if the light is busted or something . I have no idea what to do i dont know either whats wrong with it help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
  1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
  3. Right-click and uninstall your computer's existing audio driver
  4. Download/install this:

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80538.exe

*Edit*

Because this thread has been gaining a lot of traction, I will note that it is recommended that you install the latest Audio Driver available for your computer. With your computer's model/product number, head to HP's Software and Driver's page to download and install the latest audio driver. 

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

You can also have HP Support Assistant automatically recommend the latest updates for your computer.

If this post has helped you, please consider giving a "kudo" or a "virtual thank you" by hitting the thumbs up icon on the bottom of this post...

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended
  1. Open Device Manager

*Edit*

Because this thread has been gaining a lot of traction, I will note that it is recommended that you install the latest Audio Driver available for your computer. With your computer's model/product number, head to HP's Software and Driver's page to download and install the latest audio driver. 

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

You can also have HP Support Assistant automatically recommend the latest updates for your computer.

If this post has helped you, please consider giving a "kudo" or a "virtual thank you" by hitting the thumbs up icon on the bottom of this post...

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

yes it worked and many thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

idk what happened after few hours later it happened again my light of mute button doesnt work even though mute button works plus my windows is updated to new version which is 1803 is due to that ?

HP Recommended

Hello Rafeh993,

Sorry to hear that.

Did it stop working all of a sudden right after the version 1803 installation?

If so, try the above steps again but this time, run HP Support Assistant first.

Also please refer to your computer's Software and Drivers page for the Chipset drivers. 

Let me know how all this goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

ye it stopped i did as you said installed it again it worked, but idk after today it again happened like hour ago light was working fine s on i just restart my laptop and then it stopped working . light is fine though but it idk what happened suddenly i restarted my pc because there was another update or idk and its gone the light i meant .Anyway what drivers are you talking about should install all those drivers from that link or what ?

HP Recommended

Hello Rafeh993,

Yes, please refer to that link which contains all your computer's software and drivers and please head to the Driver - Chipset.

Download/install.

Then retry the solution.

Also please try using HP Support Assistant.

Regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

alright so should i instal all of it or just audio one im just confused sorry ...

HP Recommended

The Realtek audio driver install worked... Thnk you... However the uninstall was not necesary as the first step of the new audio driver install was to uninstall the existing driver.

HP Recommended

@EddyK wrote:

Hello Rafeh993,

1. Open Device Manager

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

A few weeks ago I installed sp77770 to overcome this problem (following another forum link). The problem reoccurred today and I found this thread. Is driver pack sp80538 still the latest one (assuming by its number its later than sp77770) or has this one been superceded? I have run HP support assistant been told there are no updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.