Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

have turned vol up in every area

HP Recommended

Try the headphone jack. That's where my problem was. I had sound through headphones but not through the regular computer. I plugged into the jack and heard a crackle come through the speakers. I jiggled the wire around and all of a sudden I had sound. Some sort of short in the jack was causing all my sound problems. I have had sound ever since. Good luck.

HP Recommended

Installed new HP.  Speakers are on but no sound.  Can you assist me?

HP Recommended

hi, I have just purchased a new HP Pavilion all in one computer but cannot get the sound to work ? i have turned it up to full and still no sound, what am i doing wrong or what have I not yet ?

thanks

HP Recommended

When I had that same issue I also tried everything. I finally fixed it by accident. I plugged in a pair of earphones and noticed a crackling sound. I wiggled the chord where it is plugged into the sound jack on the computer and next think I know, I had sound through both the earphones and through the computer with no earphones. I don't know why it fixed the issue but it did. Maybe this will work for you. Good luck!

HP Recommended

2 years after your post, it worked. Thanks. Pavilion dv6 that is 4 years old.

HP Recommended

All og a sudden I have no sound on the computer (HP Vision). Speakers are plugged in. How do I fixs/restore

HP Recommended

Hi,

My Samsung laptop suddenly lost all sound, can you help please?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.