Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 13-aq1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I start experiencing problem with Bang olufsen app that was not able to set the sound of the embedded speakers (the sound coming out of the speaker was really flat and not good at all). The message it was reporting was that it was not possible to interact with realtek audio device. After that I start searching for solution in the HP official site and finally I tried to upload a new driver for the audio of my laptop. This was unfortunately unsuccessful and in addition I lost completely the audio of my laptop. Now I have a red cross in the sound symbol. I tried every HP software in order to analyze the notebook, but all the time it seems that my realtek audio device does not exist anymore. They disappear even from the list of the devices in the computer manager and there is no way to add them back. If I use the bluetooth I can redirect the sound on external speakers, always without the possibility to mange them with the B&O app, but at least the exteranl speakers work. 

This is really an annoying problem, as the laptop is brand new and after 4 weeks not being able to hear and speak without the use of some external speaker limit a lot my productivity.

Thanks to all of you that could help me.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Crisgar 

Did you upgrade/downgrade your machine ? What is your Envy 13-1xxx ? Please use the following way to find out

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.xx

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

thanks for your answer. My laptop is a Envy 13-aq1002ng.

I just regularly installed widows upgrade and I tried to upgrade the audio driver from the HP site when I start experiencing the audio problem (ie B&O app was no more able to interact with realtek audio device). Considering that the notebook has just 4 week of life, I suppose that Microsoft didn´t release so many upgrades in the meanwhile.

By the way, looking to the log of the windows upgrade I saw a lot of them focusing on the realtek audio device. Looking to the HP support assistant I also see some warning in the SW and driver section related to the Realtek audio device driver.

I hope those info can bring more light on my issue

Thanks

CG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.