Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 17-r110ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

my laptop > hp envy 17-r110ng making a noise sound when i charge it <only when i charge it>

and i updated the bios and all the drivers over hp assistant.  i live in Germany and my laptop has not more a warranty.
so what now please ? i followed all the solutions in this community without any results !.

i saw this issue with a lot of hp laptop owners , so hp has this issue in their laptops isn't ?

thanks .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BasharBachir,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to use a different compatible charger and check if it makes noise?

Does the charger overheat?

Let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: 

Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

After that please power up the computer and check again.

Then please try with a different power cord and adapter if possible by stepping into Best Buy or staples to isolate the issue to the power cord and not the computer.

If the noise does not occur with another adapter, then the charger in question needs to be replaced.

If it continues to happen even with a different adapter, then the notebook needs to be serviced.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BasharBachir,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to use a different compatible charger and check if it makes noise?

Does the charger overheat?

Let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: 

Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

After that please power up the computer and check again.

Then please try with a different power cord and adapter if possible by stepping into Best Buy or staples to isolate the issue to the power cord and not the computer.

If the noise does not occur with another adapter, then the charger in question needs to be replaced.

If it continues to happen even with a different adapter, then the notebook needs to be serviced.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.