Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-26-2019 07:15 AM
my speakers are making buzzing sound when i on my laptop and there is no audio soung during my play there is no audio except that bloody irritaing sound this problem started recently when my harddisk is crashed and repalced with a new one with new os.and there is no sound also during ear phones plugged in except the buzzing sound....Please reply as soon as possible
05-27-2019 05:52 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Run a test on audio to check for any hardware issue:
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.
4. The Component Tests menu displays.
5. In the Component Tests menu, click Audio.
If the test passes, uninstall the audio drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click the audio device, and then select Uninstall start the driver uninstall process.
Update the Bios, Chipset and audio drivers from HP support assistant.
Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here
Let me know it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community