Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-17-2021 10:42 AM
i was working on my laptop and my phone suddenly slipped out from my hand and drop on the keyboard and my pc suddenly restart on its own now its showing no audio device i tried restarting again and also changing default save point from bios but its still the same. the hp support asist is showing that there is a problem in hardware.
03-20-2021 07:54 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tests to determine whether PC Audio or sound is functioning properly.
- 1. Click on Download button and install the latest HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.
- 2. After Installation, select Start from your PC, and then under All Apps, select HP Help and Support, then HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.
- 3. The app opens to the main menu. Click Component Tests, then Audio to reveal the available tests.
- 4. Check the test you want to run, and then click the Run Once button. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- 5. If the hardware test Passed, it indicates there is no Hardware Failure. In case, the test Failed, it will display an error code.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community