zabbar
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

no sound from my pc speakers and any external device

HP Recommended
HP L.T AY542TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i searched for this problem and by searching i got to know that there was no audio device installed 

now i want to resolve that how to install audio device

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,006 27,850 1,521 1,616
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zabbar

Welcome to HP support community.

Run the sound problems troubleshooter

Automatically identify and fix audio errors with the Windows sound troubleshooting tool.

1. Right-click the notification area speaker icon , and then select Troubleshoot sound problems.

2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next to start the troubleshooter.

3. If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix, and then test for sound.

Check device and driver status in Device Manager

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.

3. Right-click the audio device, and then select Update Driver.

4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software to check for and install a driver.

Search automatically for updated driver software in Device Manager

• If an updated driver installs, restart the computer if prompted, and then test for sound.

• If an updated driver is not available, continue to the next step to reinstall the existing driver.

5. Right-click the audio device again, and then select Uninstall to open the Uninstall Device window.

Uninstall the audio driver

6. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.

Select Delete the driver software for this device

7. In the top menu bar, click Action, and then select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device.

8. Test for sound.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation