Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hewlett-Packard - ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I do not have any sound in my labtop, I upgraded to Win 10 pro but with not hope, i thought it will help.

i tried the sp71717 and it did not work. Any suggestions please.

Thanks alot

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

type sound in search, on the left click sound  control panel. click the playback tab make sure that the notebook speakers or external speakers or whatever  is set as default. click the sounds tab , then events that has a speaker next to it. Then click test. if this does not work, restart and go into the bios, F10 at boot up. Click restore factory default. this wont affect any of the bios setting it just re-does the way the bios initialises the hardware at boot.

HP Recommended

Hi, @MattyVictor 

If your notebook has the IDT HD audio chip, the only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W10 IDT audio driver for notebook PC's works for you.  Restart the PC after installing.

This driver sometimes sets the headphones as the default audio device, so if you have no sound, first go to the Windows control panel>hardware and sound>sound>manage audio devices, and make sure the PC speakers are set as the default audio device.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

sp71717 is only for desktop PC's with the IDT audio.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.