cancel
Alfissimo Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no sound on Hp Envy 17J010el Notebook, bios sound test show error ID:RU5B9H-7PH8BD-MFGJXG-208J03

Hp Envy 17J010el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Obviously I would pay for a problem fixing assistance. No sound on my HP notebook. The Bios Audio Test shows an ID Error#: RU5B9H-7PH8BD-MFGJXG-208J03.I dont'know where yo check for it ... the address www.hp.com/go/techcenter/pcdiags isn't operative.  Before contacting you I tryed solving the problem followig HP Instructions but no way to fix it. When the pc starts I can year a 1 second sound noise but after that nothing even with an external headset ... I've got several HP PCs everyone work well ans one of yhem is identical to the one where the problem is ... Thnk you and best regards. 😉

Alfissimo

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,049 17,573 1,280 1,916
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no sound on Hp Envy 17J010el Notebook, bios sound test show error ID:RU5B9H-7PH8BD-MFGJXG-208J03

Hey there! @Alfissimo, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have audio issues with your laptop.

Please uninstall the audio drivers from your PC and install the latest audio drivers using this link.

Also, please update the BIOS using this link.

As you mentioned in the post you have run the audio diagnostics and it gave you a failure ID.

It looks to be hardware issues with the speakers or the connectors on your laptop. 

Please contact HP for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alfissimo Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. I already knew all what you wrote. The PROBLEM IS HP SUPPORT ... THEY DON'T ANSWER AND HP PROIDUCTS ARE GOOD UNTIL THEY WORK FINE ... WHEN A PROBLEM OCCUR IS A NIGHTMARE ... IN MY EXPERIENCE IT SEEMS THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT CLIENTS...

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,049 17,573 1,280 1,916
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alfissimo,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards

Chetan

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Alfissimo Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much ... You are very kind ... I appreciate ... 🙂 I've been waiting for that private message. Best regards. :)Alfissimo

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation