cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewSpectreUser
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

rattling/buzzing/sound distortion with the front facing speakers [2020 HP Spectre X360 15-eb000]

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15-eb000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days ago I received the 2020 HP Spectre X360 15-eb000 CTO that I ordered directly from HP about a month ago. While I love almost everything about it, the first thing I noticed when I started using it was how the audio on the front facing speakers sounds.. terrible (it sounds like this https://imgur.com/gallery/vFC8r1O). At some frequencies there's distinct rattling/vibrations and distortion, such as when Cortana was guiding me through initial set-up. Just to be sure, I tested it using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app and low and behold, the rattling was super noticeable at anywhere above 40% on volume control. 

While the buzz/rattle is faint at around 30% vol, anything above that becomes really annoying to hear.  It seems like the internals/keys could be buzzing.  Can anyone else with the same model try that out and tell me if they hear the same thing? The only solution I came up with is watching videos in Stand mode since the bottom facing speakers don't have the same problem but that won't be very practical in the long run.

Could it be that I got a faulty speaker or they weren't installed properly? Another theory is that there may be some resonant frequencies in the front speakers that set off the buzzing/rattling noises within the chassis, and I am experiencing that to an extreme degree. Either way I'm very convinced this is a hardware issue - I will try to send it back to HP immediately. 

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,318 22,277 997 1,031
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NewSpectreUser

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation