Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY 15 and I reinstalled my windows. The Bang and Olufsen GUI is gone now and the Microphone quality is horrible. How do I get the B&O GUI back again. I tried the SP73189 and that did not bring back the B&O GUI

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@likmylife 

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Product name : HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cn0xxx

Product number : 3VU70UA#ABA

Thanks

HP Recommended

@likmylife 

Try the following.

Download the Realtek HD Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92773.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the Realtek device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Realtek installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook and let windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

@DavidPK Thanks for the steps. I followed the steps but it still would not give me the B&O Utility. It has Realtek. 

When I go to unistall the Realtek, there are two devices 

Intel Display Audio

Realtek Audio

Should I uninstall both of them before restarting and installing the one I downloaded?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@likmylife 

Just uninstall the Realtek driver.

Once you've completed the procedure in my previous post, if the b&o gui is still missing, open windows file explorer, select This PC, double click Local Disk C, open Program Files, open the folder Realtek, open Audio, and open HDA - near the bottom of the list, do you see an entry titled RtkNGUI64 ?  If you do have this entry, try double clicking it - does this launch the B&o gui?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

@DavidPK

When I double click on RtkNGUI64 it adds the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon on the tray not the B&O UI.

HP Recommended

@likmylife 

In that case, uninstall the current Realtek software, reboot then try installing the earlier version of this software on the link below.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp86501-87000/sp86962.exe

If that still doesn't result in the B&o icon showing, uninstall the Realtek software and see if the version below works any better.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92001-92500/sp92073.exe

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.