Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

sound come through both headphone and speakers

Product Name: hp pav-sb 14
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have had an issue with my laptop audio for a while.

when I plug in my headphones, the sound came through both headphone and speakers.

I have installed latest audio drivers from hp website, but headphone does not shows up neither in playback devices nor in device manager, under audio input and outputs.

How can I manage this issue in order to get the sound from the headphones only?playback device and device manager

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)

Re: sound come through both headphone and speakers

Hello @alirezab92,

Try this first : 

1. Go into Control Panel, then Sound.
2. Look for the Recording tab.
3. Select your microphone/headset as the default device, and press OK.

If these steps do not work then, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below.
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

If this does not work, and you still hear audio from both the speakers and your headphones, please follow the next step.

The next step will be to run a diagnostic program Using Automated Troubleshooting (Windows 8). This should help with the audio out issue.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation