Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm experiencing a sound delay (~4 seconds) when I have the headphones plugged in. For the first few seconds of a video or song, you cannot hear any sound. The sound delay does not occur wihen the headphones are unplugged. I've read many forums that discuss this issue but nothing works.  When will HP provide a fix to this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@James141

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 

• Have you run the HP Support Assistant? 

• Have you done all your Windows updates? 

• Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? 

While you respond to that, I recommend you download and install the latest Audio drivers and BIOS update for you PC: Click here to find and install.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have taken all the steps you listed and installed the latest updates to the drivers and bios, but the problem still remains.

HP Recommended

@James141

Thanks for the response.

Please check the private message I've sent you.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.