James141
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

sound delay in headphones

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm experiencing a sound delay (~4 seconds) when I have the headphones plugged in. For the first few seconds of a video or song, you cannot hear any sound. The sound delay does not occur wihen the headphones are unplugged. I've read many forums that discuss this issue but nothing works.  When will HP provide a fix to this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 5,034 314 468
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@James141

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 

• Have you run the HP Support Assistant? 

• Have you done all your Windows updates? 

• Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? 

While you respond to that, I recommend you download and install the latest Audio drivers and BIOS update for you PC: Click here to find and install.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
James141
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have taken all the steps you listed and installed the latest updates to the drivers and bios, but the problem still remains.

Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 5,034 314 468
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@James141

Thanks for the response.

Please check the private message I've sent you.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation