10-19-2019 07:04 PM - edited 10-19-2019 07:05 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Is there yellow exclamation symbol on the sound icon?
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
And, also use the troubleshooting tool in Windows
The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer. Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:
- In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
- Click Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
- Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).
- When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
- Click Close.
- If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee