Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0019tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to see the realtek audio driver in my PC. So that's why sound is also not working. please help me out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There drivers on the Software and drivers for OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0019tx here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-ek0000-laptop-pc-series/32827267/model/3843...

But just in case, I gave a direct link to them.

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  6.0.8924.2 Rev.A  Jun 1, 2020

sp104173.exe

and a newer one:

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  6.0.9091.1 Rev.A  Jan 13, 2021

sp112265.exe

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There drivers on the Software and drivers for OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0019tx here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-ek0000-laptop-pc-series/32827267/model/3843...

But just in case, I gave a direct link to them.

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  6.0.8924.2 Rev.A  Jun 1, 2020

sp104173.exe

and a newer one:

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  6.0.9091.1 Rev.A  Jan 13, 2021

sp112265.exe

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, sir. It worked😀

HP Recommended

Thank you for this help. But I also lost my microphone. How to configure that?

HP Recommended

According to the manual, on the page showing the headset/headphone jack on the left side,  it states ". Also connects an optional headset microphone. This jack does not support optional standalone microphones."

So it depends on the microphone being used.  Is it part of a headset - these use a special jack configuration to allow the microphone and headset on the same jack.

If YES, then it could be a Windows function that needs to be setup.  On the speaker Icon - lower right, near the clock - right click on the speaker icon and the pick "Sound settings"

That should open a page showing where the microphone can be set and adjusted.  Pick/click on the "Sound control panel" - right hand column.  When that window opens you should see a new box labeled "Sound" click on the "Recording" tab.  You should see the available microphones.  Click on the one you wish to use. You may have to also click on the "Configure" button and go thru some setup.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

It shows me not plugged in and I tried but was not able to configure it out.

HP Recommended

So, is the microphone part of a headset or a separate independent microphone?

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.