Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a real issue with my new hp notebook 17 - windows 10. I work with playbacks and sequences and I got this new laptop to play them using both stereo channels (Left and Right). The problem is tha the output from my laptop is NOT STEREO there's some left in the right channel and there is some right sound in the left channel.... THIS A BIG PROBLEM! Can anybody help me solve this issue? This is an urgent matter for me.... HELP Please!

I already use an USB Audio Card, download the latest audio drivers, anything any forum has try and that didnt solve the problem!

It is unthinkable that I can use stereo output in a laptop, specially when that was the main reasin I got it!

My specs>

Win 10 - 64bits

AMD A6-6310 APU

4Gb RAM

8130 25.12 System board

Realtek High Definition Audio

RTKVHD64.sys 6.0.1.7730 version driver

My hp comes with DTS Studio Sound (if that helps... Some forums propose an uninstall of this "enhacement" as a solution but This can't be uninstalled)

Thanks! 

Juan

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @jars4u2, Greetings!

Thanks for joining HP Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand that you are experiencing audio issues on your HP notebook. Let’s try the steps mentioned below to change your audio output to stereo.

• From the bottom-right corner, right-click on “Sounds” icon and choose “Playback devices” option.
  • Select your headphones / speakers. Click the "Configure" button, which pulls up the Speaker Setup dialog box.
  • Select "Stereo" from the "Audio Channels" menu and test the current settings.
  • Also, click on “Properties” after selecting the “Speakers / Headphones” and navigate to “Advanced” tab.
  • Try changing the “Default format” to appropriate studio qualities if it makes it better.

Let me know if it helps. If you still face any issues, please reply back with the notebook model number.

Good Luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Dvortex Thank you for replying!

I've already try that and didn't work.

My laptop model is M2C00UA#ABA. I'm starting to get worry because of the similiar problems others hp users show, I have use a external Studio Sound Card and even bought a USB external audio card and that didnt work either!

It is impossible for me to use this laptop if the stereo output has mixed channels, I need a SOLO Left and a SOLO right channel, I already update the drivers and That does not solve the problem. I'm not saying my laptop has issues, for what I've heard it is a problem for most hp laptops (envy, notebooks, pavillium). This is my main concern. it seems like these laptops doesn't work quite good for musicians users.

Please help, I dont know if it is a registry, OS, hardware, software or luck issue. I'm from Venezuela and got this pc laptop from Amazon

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @jars4u2

Thank you for your reply.

It's not an issue with your laptop. I tested to get solo left / solo right channel in my Elitebook laptop with no success. Ran the experiment in a couple of my friend's laptops as well with no result.

I understand that this is how the generic audio cards are manufactured in these regular laptops. When I ran some google search, I found few musicians suggesting using certain "Sound processors" for advanced results. You can check them out if interested.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Dvortex 

So there's no solution? The only real explanation is POOR quality in the products??? I mean, we are talking about a STEREO Output, not a SEMI-STEREO audio output! I think this should have been specified in the box when we bought the laptop.

Anyway, I think I'll have to try this "sound processor" stuff you talk about, I don't find any info about that in google search so if you can point me in the right direction I'll aprecciate it.

If this doesnt work, the only solution for me is to sell this laptop and find other brand that has no audio issues! I dont want to do this, I really like my laptop! Plus, I'm not a fan of loosing money by re-selling a product.....

HP Recommended

Hello @jars4u2,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I'm dismayed to see that the most recent post on this Forum thread is from October of 2016, and here it is June of 2018, and the issue still exists.

My company-issued computer has just been replaced with a Windows 10 version. My company has a contract with HP to supply our computers, so we don't have the option of actual decent equipment. So here I am, finding this forum with no answers, and finding evidence all over the internet of an ongoing problem with ALL HP Win 10 products (not just their laptops) and a complete lack of stereo sound. The audio properties dialogue box indicates that stereo sound is selected (there are no other options, anyway), and yet both channels broadcast equally. If I pull out my left headphone and click the "left" button, I hear the sound in my right ear, plain as day. Same thing going the other way, and same thing with the correct headphones being the only ones in my ear. The volume is equal (or nearly so) on both sides, regardless of which "side" is selected to test. Full Mono Audio, when Stereo is selected, desired, and the only presented option.

To any who find this forum: avoid HP Win 10 computers (regardless of the type) if you ever want to listen to anything.

I am open to any assistance that HP is willing or able to provide. I ask that any solutions also be posted on this forum so that others with the same issue (as all HP customers are guaranteed to have) can find the solution and implement it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.