1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sound wont work from tv when laptop plugged in via hdmi

HP Notebook - 15-ac033na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i'm having problems with audio when connectiong my laptop to my tv via hdmi

altho my laptop detects the tv n i get a picture,the audio wont work thro my tv...can anyone please give me any incling on whats wrong n maybe a solution to this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
103113 93665 14378 22096
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sound wont work from tv when laptop plugged in via hdmi

Hi:

The only reason I can think of for that to be happening is that the Intel HD audio driver is missing.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

You should see a Realtek HD audio device listed, and an Intel HD audio device listed.

If you see the Realtek HD audio device, but you only see a generic HD audio device listed, then that means the Intel audio device needs the driver installed and that is why the sound won't work out of the HDMI port.

If you see just the generic HD audio device, let me know and I will give you the steps to install the Intel HDMI audio driver.

If you do see both the Realtek and Intel HD audio devices listed there, unfortunately, I would not know why you can't get sound out of the HDMI port, because you should be.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation