Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-12-2022 06:57 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an audio-related issue with your HP product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
- From when did this issue begin?
- Was there any BIOS or Windows update done recently?
- Are you able to hear any sound when you connect an external headphone or speaker?
While you respond to that please try the below steps:
Update the BIOS, Video card & Audio drivers to resolve this issue
- Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here
While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:
Step 1: Right-click on the Start button in the taskbar area and then click Device Manager to open the same.
Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
Step 3: You should now see your audio driver's name. Most likely you have Realtek High Definition Audio, Right-click on it and then click Uninstall device option.
Step 4: You will now get the following confirmation dialog. Select Delete the driver software for this device checkbox and then the Yes button when you see the confirmation dialog to go ahead and uninstall the device driver.
Restart your PC once & it should auto-reinstall a working driver.
If the issue with the sound continues, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Support Assistant:
- Reference Video: How to Resolve Audio Issues Using HP Support Assistant in Windows 11(Steps are the same for Windows 10 as well)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community