Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi David

Finally I could install the latest IDT driver from HP in compatibility mode with windows 8 but the issue isn't resolved. Still I can't set the headphone as default device or in another word switch between sound outputs. And the sound has a little noise so I'm back to the windows generic audio driver.

thanks man

HP Recommended

Hi @Omidz,

I read your post and thanks a lot for your response. We have spent a lot of time on this together. I think it was worth it. You've been excellent to work with. Please note as we have deduced it to be an  issue with the IDT sound drivers for this version of windows, I would request you to mark this as "Accepted Solution" as it would help many others with the same issue, not to spend this length of time that we have on it.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Please take care now and do have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

If you remember I was having problem with IDT driver after upgrading to windows 10 and further updates. I have come back to tell you some good news. Finally I resolved the issue partially and I'm going to explain what I did.

Today I found that there are some sound drivers in microsoft catalog site, so I went there and searched for High definition audio codec. A list came up and I saw that there are three tempo IDT sound driver that are compatible with windows 10. All of them are IDT sound driver version 6.10.6504.0 and they are made in 2015. I downloaded all three drivers and tested them. The first two of them didn't resolve my issue but the last one which is "Tempo driver update for IDT High definition codec" made in 5/8/2015 with size of 13.1 MB did the job. I must mention that you should install this driver over windows generic sound driver to get good results. If you install it over IDT drivers from hp you probably don't get good results. After installing this driver now I'm able to switch between sound outputs (internal speakers and headphone). The driver can detect my headphone exactly as what it is. It shows me one output until I plug in my headphone and then it adds another output as headphone. I can set my headphone or internal speakers as default playback device which I couldn't do with other drivers. There are just two problems that doesn't matter very much for me and I can ignore them. The first one is that the light of mute button on keyboard does not work with this driver which is not very important and the second one is that there is no beats equalizer in this driver and instead there is a IDT audio manager which is very similar to beats equalizer but it affects only the internal speakers not the headphone which is not again important for me because the sound through the headphone is very clear and good. If there was just ablity for HP to modify this driver and add beats audio to it and also enable mute button light then it would be perfect. The link for this driver is here:

Tempo IDT driver for windows 10 and later updates

Just download the latest driver with size of 13.1 MB and enjoy it. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Omidz,

Good Day! 🙂 How have you been? I read and reviewed your recent post. Awesome to know that you've been able to download and install the drivers and things look great for you. Kudos to you for that. I also thank you greatly for sharing this information in our support forums for others to correct the situation. Brilliant work! I'm very impressed.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts to help. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.