Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,181 Views)

troubleshooting problems found "generic audio driver" not fixed. how do i fix it?

Product Name: hp spectre 360x
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have no audio and have done the troubleshooting, which came up with, problem found, "generic audio driver   not fixed".  How do I fix it? 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (1,144 Views)

Re: troubleshooting problems found "generic audio driver" not fixed. how do i fix it?

@kbkennedy

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy 

As I understand you don't have any audio on your HP device anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to remove the drivers from the device manager?

or update it from the HP website?

(if not, Click here to find and install the same)

While you respond to that, here's what you could do:

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,099 Views)

Re: troubleshooting problems found "generic audio driver" not fixed. how do i fix it?

i wrote this when the audio wasn't working.  i was able to get it working within a couple hours after posting this, but today, it is not working again.  i didn't ever uninstall any drivers, but based on the info you provided, i did instal the realtek driver, but i still have no sound and when i check  my device manager, it says i have intel for audio.  any idea what is happening?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (1,080 Views)

@kbkennedy

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back Smiley Wink

I understand your concern and was curious to know if you've gone through the entire troubleshooter I had attached via the link?

Considering it should have resolved the issue, if not, I recommend you install the latest BIOS and Audio card updates from the HP website: Click here to find and install the same.

Also run a hardware test on the audio card, here's what I suggest:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu
  4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Figure : Sample list of Component Tests

Sample List of the Component tests

Audio Test - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete.

To run the test, click Audio, and then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the tests pass: you may want to perform a system refresh to resolve the issue: Click here for steps.

However, if the tests fail, please Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement order to fix the issue:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation