Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lets say I want to play music.  This can be either through the internet, windows media player, and even including the sounds that are on the computer.  Instead of having them play through the speakers on the computer, I would like to play them through my headphones.  So, I plug the headphones into the headphone jack and no sound comes through the headphones.  Instead, nothing happens and the sound still comes out of the computer speakers.  If I restart the computer, it sometimes fixes the issue, but it does not happen all the time.  I am assured through the update manager that the drivers are up to date.

I have an ENVY 14

Please advise.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ROACH wrote:

... So, I plug the headphones into the headphone jack and no sound comes through the headphones.  Instead, nothing happens and the sound still comes out of the computer speakers. ...

Please help.  Thank you.

Hi,

Could be something to do with the driver at the mean time please Right click the speaker icon, select "Select devices" and enable external speaker:

sound_ex.png

I don't know your machine and its OS therefore very hard to say more, specially about the audio driver. Could be hardware itself, the headphones jack & plug do not have good contact.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
No sound when is plugged to mini ipod
HP Recommended

Hi Lola4 ,

I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers. Your post seems to indicate you're experiencing an issue with an Apple product. If this is so, I'd expect that you will find better assistance on the Apple support forums which can be found at the following link:

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.