Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream - 14-cb110nr

I've tried everything I found to try.. maybe I missed a step maybe I just need to throw it in the trash 

No Bootloader found and wants me to install on a hard disk but my computer doesn't take actual disks? Not sure how to go about this or describe my problem but any help would be very much appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if your notebook is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool that you can use on another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer to create a bootable USB recovery drive that is supposed to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media with.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

Your PC has a 32 GB eMMC drive

If that doesn't work, fixing the failed eMMC drive would require a motherboard replacement, and yes, probably better to pitch it than to throw good money after bad.

HP Stream Laptop PC 14 Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP auth...

HP Recommended

Okay, I also forgot to add that when I go to the boot loader setting that there is always an exclamation mark by the network adapter I can make it go away but it always comes back 

HP Recommended

All I can say is try the cloud recovery tool on it and see if you can reinstall Windows.

You can also make a plain W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Stream - 14-cb110nr Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.