Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (705 Views)

1 Reply New Topic HP Pavilion x2 Detachable - goes to bitlocker recovery, everytime it starts

Product Name: Pavilion X 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
This is a brand new machine as my previous machine was replaced by HP for the same reason. I turn the machine on and it immediately goes to BitLocker recovery.

I do not want a repeat of last month' s **bleep**-ups, whereby I lost all my data on my previous new machine and was then sent a replacement machine in a process that took over two weeks.

I spent two hours on Tuesday with HP post sales support sorting out the Office 365 licence issues caused by the last occurrence of this BitLocker issue.

Why is this occurring, how can it be fixed, and who at HP will sort it out?
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (653 Views)

Re: 1 Reply New Topic HP Pavilion x2 Detachable - goes to bitlocker recovery, everytime it starts

Hi @nickcameronbrow,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Detachable Notebook going to BitLocker every time it starts. Can you locate the App when you click the Windows Key? Is this something you installed on the Notebook as I do not see it listed in the HP Programs?

I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Notebooks, I would need the model number.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 3 of 4 (563 Views)

Re: 1 Reply New Topic HP Pavilion x2 Detachable - goes to bitlocker recovery, everytime it starts

Some more info on what I think is the same issue

After purchase on switching on the tablet went through the Windows initation process. After this booting up for first the system wanted to perform a BIOS update. As it started the BIOS update process it gets stuck in the BitLocker Recovery mode. It provides a Key ID and a link to the Microsoft recoverykey website. This site does not provide a means to use the key.

I have tried to create a USB drive to re-apply the BIOS from an EFI boot. The USB files don't provide a means to apply the BIOS files which are copied to a Hewlett Packard folder structure on the USB drive

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (249 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem. Many thanks Microsoft and HP for providing such kit. Will definitely go for a Mac in future.

JohnM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation