Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1 child and a locked out HP 15-ba009dx

HP 15-ba009dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have a child who i let play on my laptop (HP 15-ba009dx) to occupy him at times when i need a temporary babysitter because i deal with clients and I am on the phone a lot. i usually log in to the guest account, and with pre-installed kids software i installed, I let him play with it since there is not a lot he can do in the guest account to mess things up. well the battery died on it while he was on it so i plugged it in and turned it on for him and walked away and was gonna log in for him when it booted up. Not paying any attention to him playing with the keys after i turned it on, long story short, i have a admin or power on password on the laptop now that happened from all of this and there is no way i, nor he knows what was entered. i have  a device disabled code of [ i 60079802 ] that i get when guessing the password, needless to say i have been unsuccessful and have a useless laptop. Any assistance with this issue would be awesome. Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
20,021 15,356 312 1,176
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1 child and a locked out HP 15-ba009dx

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation