5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

100% Disk Usage and Occasional 100% CPU Usage

Pavilion L166PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have been trying to overcome this issue of 100% disk and CPU usage for quite some time before but no solution has worked. 

It is especially bad when i start my laptop or when i turn it on after hibernation.

I tried using this https://chaladi.me/2013/10/11/how-to-fix-windows-8-100-disk-usage-issue/

and i have also resetted my laptop to factory version so now its empty, but it is still facing this issue. 

How can I stop this problem?

Much thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @maroonmonkey,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with 100% of disk and CPU used. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the Microsoft post for Windows 8 keeps slows down to 100% disk usage and hangs.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
maroonmonkey Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already done the virtual memory ram thing so I'll try the defragment one. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
maroonmonkey Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Im not so sure what happened but all the fonts in my laptop disappeared. including the system font. what happened? pls help!

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
630 602 38 72
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to refresh your pc goto open settings app>>search for refresh>>follow on screen instructions (note - this will take 20-90 minutes so keep your pc plugged in. This will uninstall all programs that you have installed so backup all programs first)
I hope this will solve your issue
Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
maroonmonkey Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i did refresh my PC. the fonts came back but after a few days, all the fonts disappeared again... 😞 thanks for your help

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation